About the Role(s)
Individuals in these roles will perform the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the Utility scale PV (and energy storage) sites in Energix US portfolio. Individually, and as a team, the technicians will be responsible for multiple solar power plants and will operate to achieve safe, efficient, and optimized plant operations. Successful candidates will apply their working knowledge of troubleshooting mechanical and electrical components and equipment, including but not limited to testing, maintenance, and repair of all major and balance-of-system components utilized in PV power generation.
In addition, the Site O&M Supervisor will be responsible for performing and coordinating all scheduled and emergency field maintenance services required for on-site assets, qualifying, and coordinating third party maintenance support services, training new technicians, with the goal of developing a best-in-class in-house O&M services capability.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for assigned operations and maintenance activities associated with the utility scale PV projects.
• Performs routine maintenance work, as assigned and/or directed by supervisor and work orders from the maintenance management system.
• Perform corrective, preventive, and emergency maintenance and operations on equipment safely and efficiently. These equipment may include inverters, trackers, combiner boxes, PV modules, DC collection systems, AC collection and distribution systems, energy storage systems, MV/HV systems, SCADA, Meters and communication network.
• Create and complete work tickets.
• Maintains all tools, shops, vehicles, and work locations in a safe and efficient condition.
• Attend Training – in-house/online/at OEM facility as required.
• Respond to emergency outages that require facility and generator restorations. Be on call 24/7 as required.
• Coordinate and oversee all periodic scheduled third-party testing and calibration services.
• Conduct periodic inspection of SWPP systems, as required.
• Assist with site vegetation mitigation as required.
• Document all maintenance activities and spare parts consumption.
• Develop written troubleshooting and maintenance procedure documentation, including checklists.
• Support commissioning and post-commissioning activities as required, including QA/QC activities at handover of sites.
• Performs other technical and administrative duties associated with operating and maintaining a power facility.
• Promote general workplace safety and the ability to follow safety standards as well as help the company improve upon the standards in place.
• Train new O&M technicians to follow safety and maintenance practices.
• Manage maintenance scheduling, prioritization, and resource planning.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Expertise
• Minimum 2+ years of PV field experience required Technician role. Progressively higher for Lead position.
• 5+ years of PV field experience required Supervisor role.
• Some prior supervisory experience required for Supervisor role.
• Two-year degree or Trade or Apprenticeship certificate in electrical or IT related studies preferred.
• Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code
• Working knowledge of the OSHA safety practices and procedures.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
• Ability to engage professionally with personnel at different levels of the company as well as contractors in the field.
• Ability to communicate and present to different audiences.
• Ability to work on-call during off-shift hours and weekends.
• Ability to work in an outdoor environment and be able to travel to remote project sites as required.
Education, Training, & Certificates
• Valid Driver’s License
• Medium and High Voltage electrical training and certification is highly preferred.
• OSHA 10/30 hour Certification, VARLD, NABCEP Installer Certification preferred.