About the Role
The Recruiter will be based in our US headquarters in Arlington, Virginia. In this role you will lead the full life-cycle recruitment process for our rapidly growing renewable energy company. This includes developing and implementing a strategic recruitment plan based on the emerging needs of the company with direction from hiring managers. The Recruiter will be responsible for creating job descriptions, advertising and promoting roles to general and targeted audiences, pre-screening candidates, coordinating interviews, and collaborating with others on hiring recommendations and terms. The recruiter must be skilled at identifying and evaluating talent, including both the candidate’s ability to do the job as well as navigate our complex, fast-paced work environment.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
The Recruiter is anticipated to have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
• Drafts detailed and accurate job descriptions and criteria with input from hiring managers.
• Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the role, industry standards, and organizational needs.
• Manages job posting and advertisement processes.
• Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
• Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of specialized interview questions and other assessments, as needed.
• Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with hiring managers.
• Collaborates with the hiring manager, human resources manager, and/or others during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other details.
• Attends and participates in job fairs and recruiting sessions as requested.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
• Promotes strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Expertise
We are looking for someone with a combination of the following knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience. If you meet at least 70% of the items below, we want to talk to you!
Technical Skills & Expertise
• 3 to 5 years track record of high volume recruiting in a rapidly growing organization, preferably in construction, renewable energy, or similar industry.
• Experience in developing a recruitment plan based on projected organizational needs to meet the hiring priorities.
• Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies to recruit for a variety of roles.
• Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Team player with strong initiative, intrinsically motivated.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including negotiating, influencing, and engaging with hiring managers and candidates.
Education, Training, & Certificates
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• SHRM-CP or HRCI-PHR certification preferred.
• At least three years conducting all phases of the recruitment and hiring process required.
• Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
This will be onsite at the Arlington, VA Office