About the Role
The Project Manager will be based in our Arlington, Virginia headquarters. The role requires the ability to work on multiple tasks and projects and requires travel as needed. The successful candidate will work on a cross functional team with origination, project development, legal, finance, engineering, construction, and outside consultants, landowners, customers, project stakeholders and utility companies.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and manage project schedules and budgets from origination to O&M
• Support in management of key stakeholders for each project
• Identify and clearly articulate project risks, opportunities, and recommendation action(s)
• Utilize financial and project management system(s) ensuring key project information is up-to-date and accurate
• Process contracts and agreements with external vendors for project-related services
• Lead project meetings, develop agendas and action items as needed with internal and external stakeholders
• Manage contract obligations in key project documents (Site Control, PPA, etc.)
• Coordinate site diligence in conjunction with internal teams and consultants including critical issue screening, environmental studies, surveys, diligence reports, title review, property tax matters, community relations, etc.
• Coordinate internal and external teams to advance engineering and design to meet project schedule and milestones
• Coordinate with construction management team as needed on securing local and state permits
• Oversee Project Handoffs once fully developed and permitted to construction management team
• Oversee project financings answering relevant diligence questions and providing required documents
• Coordinate additional resources or outside consultants/contractors as well as managing contracts and agreements throughout project development.
• Utilize internal project management software tracking and provide comments and feedback for tool improvement
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Expertise
• At least 5 (five) years of project management experience in solar energy or related field
• Experience as a self-starter and building programs from ground level
• Undergraduate degree, preferably in project management or equivalent
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
• Extensive knowledge of solar project development, utilities, interconnection, permitting, contracting
• Experience utilizing project management systems and developing metrics
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required and/or platform skills for executive management presentations
• Self-starter, very self-reliant and capable of operating with minimum supervision and with ability to make decisions
• Willingness and ability to travel as needed
• Energy storage knowledge a plus
• Comfortable managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
Work Location, Remote Work, & Travel
This position will be based in our Arlington, Virginia office. Travel may be required.