About the Role
Energix Renewables is seeking for an experienced civil Engineer with strong practical and technical skills and a range of experience for design and construction of photovoltaic projects. The position is based in Virginia and requires the candidate to perform a variety of technical support tasks, such as making PV engineering drawings and layouts, calculating material and equipment requirements and handling permitting processes.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordination and top site supervision of all design and construction aspects (access roads, drainage systems for storm water, mounting structures, equipment foundations, equipment delivery, schedule, safety, quality and more)
• Analyze technical information, that impacts the civil & mechanical (mounting structures) design of the project
• Analyze and optimize on both technical and economic perspectives mounting structures and civil infrastructures, to support procurement decisions
• Act as a permanent contact with suppliers for technical discussion on project solutions, alternative solutions and optimization
• Review project installations for compliance with QA standards, permits and other project documents.
• Coordinate and assist in the resolution of design issues / project problems
• Coordinate final service acceptance inspections and the transition to project O&M
• Provide guidance and support during all testing and commissioning
• Carrying out pre inspections and also final inspections.
• Work with the engineering team to produce detailed engineering drawings, technical descriptions, technical calculations, technical specifications and bill of quantities for projects licensing tenders and for execution
• Perform site visits as necessary
• Ensure that drawings are done in accordance with company approved as well as local and international standards, symbols and methodology
• Be familiar and comply with local authority/regulatory requirements
• Review and approve monthly contractor invoicing
• Able to handle multiple projects and prioritize work to meet deadlines
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Expertise
• 3+ years of related experience in solar energy or power generation
• Experience in steel structure design is plus
• Candidate MUST be able to read and interpret construction specifications and drawings, construction contracts, budgets, building codes, project schedules and other construction related documents.
• Excellent communication skills and able to coordinate contractors and suppliers.
• BS in Civil Engineering
• Experience and knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Project and Microsoft office
• Driving license