About the Role
The Assistant Controller performs various accounting and reporting activities that are essential to the accuracy of the financials. In addition to daily accounting operations, the Assistant Controller will be assigned additional responsibilities to make sure that best practices and that process and procedures are being followed. The Assistant Controller will play a key role in the Global financial statements compliance, by liaising with in-house and external finance and accounting professionals and providing them with the financial information to ensure full compliance with US GAAP, IFRS and group policies requirements.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Reporting directly to the Controller, the Assistant Controller is responsible for internal and external financial reporting, establishment and following of the accounting policies and procedures, and provides leadership to the US accounting team. The Assistant Controller also involved in the tax preparation, reporting and planning activities, serves as trusted adviser to the CFO and Controller for in the tax function.
• The Assistant Controller will also serve as a key technical accounting resource for the accounting organization, responsible for development of the staff, with significant interaction with the corporate office in Israel and other functional leaders (Operations, HR, IT, Legal).
• The Assistant Controller will assist with the analysis of the financial results and operational trends, maintaining an integrity of the accounting systems and internal controls environment, and ensuring financial statements are prepared according to the US GAAP (with IFRS walk thru).
• Key responsibilities also include leading the AP and Treasury functions in administering accurate and timely costs allocations and payments, and its impact on the month-end process, distribution of monthly financial statements and its supporting schedules, and assisting with budget/forecast analysis.
• Other duties may include designing and implementing improvements in financial process to meet the Group's continuous improvement initiatives and maintaining appropriate relationships with external auditors and tax advisers.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Expertise
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or relevant field is required. Master’s Degree or CPA designation is an advantage
• Prior experience in audit firm (4-6 years) or post-audit corporate financial reporting setting (additional 2-3 years) renewable related is an advantage, understanding of Global accounting rules and consolidation under US GAAP
• Knowledge of the income tax provision (ASC 740) and support of the tax return preparation
• Experience in foreign global environment and its accounting
• Experience in a "Big 10" accounting firm is preferred
• Results Oriented with the ability to achieve results in a constantly evolving Global environment, with demonstrated success teams and tools to support changing program goals
• Excel Maven with advanced abilities in Excel and computer systems
• Strong Executer with a competitive skill set in financial reporting and accounting, annual reports, and compliance
Work Location, Remote Work, & Travel
This position will be based in the Arlington, Virginia office, with periodic travel or/and hybrid environment.