JOIN US FOR THE LONG RUN
We’re always looking for creative and professional innovators
who share our passion for a cleaner, better, and more sustainable future.
Associate, Project Acquisition and Development Group
Energix is seeking an Associate in our Project Acquisition and Development Group. The Associate will be primarily responsible for managing projects in the development pipeline, moving the project from origination through notice-to-proceed. The Associate will also source project acquisitions and greenfield development opportunities, conducting project due diligence and analysis. The Associate must be a generalist with an excellent business sense, very strong attention to detail and the ability to independently manage projects in a fast-paced, startup environment.
The Associate will be based in our Arlington, Virginia headquarters.
Desired Skills and Experience
4 + years of renewable energy experience
Excellent academic credentials, a graduate degree is a plus
Strong organizational, financial analysis, research, negotiation and communication skills
Competitive base salary
Annual cash performance bonus
401K with 5% company match and immediate vesting
Attractive company paid health insurance
Dental, vision, life and disability available
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com, quoting reference- Associate, Project Acquisition and Development Group.
Energix is seeking for an experienced civil Engineer with strong practical and technical skills and a range of experience for design and construction of photovoltaic projects.
The position is based in Virginia and requires the candidate to perform a variety of technical support tasks, such as making PV engineering drawings and layouts, calculating material and equipment requirements and handling permitting processes.
Coordination and top site supervision of all design and construction aspects (access roads, drainage systems for storm water, mounting structures, equipment foundations, equipment delivery, schedule, safety, quality and more)
Analyze technical information, that impacts the civil & mechanical (mounting structures) design of the project
Analyze and optimize on both technical and economic perspectives mounting structures and civil infrastructures, to support procurement decisions
Act as a permanent contact with suppliers for technical discussion on project solutions, alternative solutions and optimization
Review project installations for compliance with QA standards, permits and other project documents.
Coordinate and assist in the resolution of design issues / project problems
Coordinate final service acceptance inspections and the transition to project O&M
Provide guidance and support during all testing and commissioning
Carrying out pre inspections and also final inspections.
Work with the engineering team to produce detailed engineering drawings, technical descriptions, technical calculations, technical specifications and bill of quantities for projects licensing tenders and for execution
Perform site visits as necessary
Ensure that drawings are done in accordance with company approved as well as local and international standards, symbols and methodology
Be familiar and comply with local authority/regulatory requirements
Review and approve monthly contractor invoicing
Able to handle multiple projects and prioritize work to meet deadlines
Desired Skills and Experience
3+ years of related experience in solar energy or power generation
Experience in steel structure design is plus
Candidate MUST be able to read and interpret construction specifications and drawings, construction contracts, budgets, building codes, project schedules and other construction related documents.
Excellent communication skills and able to coordinate contractors and suppliers.
BS in Civil Engineering
Experience and knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Project and Microsoft office
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference- Civil Engineer.
The function of the Quality spreads across all activities related to EPC and Asset Management of Energix’s PV projects. The individual in the role of Quality Engineer would have the responsibility of establishing the standards and assuring that the conformance to the standards is maintained across all activities. The job will demand organizing, coordinating, and prioritizing activities at multiple sites simultaneously.
The successful candidate for the position will bring in experience of best practices in Quality methods and tools as appropriate for the industry and maintain knowledge of quality related developments within the industry. The position requires detailed understanding of construction and operational processes related PV plants. The position also requires general familiarity with PV power plants, including modules, inverters, trackers, switchgear, transformers, batteries, power meters and SCADA systems.
As standards of operating safely in a construction and operational environment is a quality requirement, the position is expected to provide oversight to Safety related topics as well.
Primary Job Function and Responsibilities:
• Work with all internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement Quality standards and systems for Design, Construction, Commissioning and Operational phases of the PV assets.
• Develop the framework for a company-wide Quality program and ISO9001 certification.
• Ensure that workflows and processes comply with safety regulations.
• Implement quality systems, including CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action). Utilize Lean Six Sigma tools (FMEA, Fishbone, 5 Why, 8D, Value Stream Map, Process Flow, A3, etc.)
• Establish metrics for tracking quality conformance and continuous improvement.
• Ensure construction quality practices are held to the highest standard.
• Using statistical methods, identify and monitor critical construction processes.
• Evaluate sub-contractors’ quality plans, checklists, procedures for adequate fit with company’s quality standards.
• Establish incoming material inspection processes as necessary.
• Identify control methods for construction processes. Raise the flag as necessary to communicate any deviation. Establish criteria for stop work.
• Utilize problems solving methodologies to determine root causes of problems and implement effective and sustainable solutions.
• Verify the effectiveness of problem resolution by monitoring performance after solution implementation.
• Develop and maintain QA procedures, forms, and systems.
• Participate in internal and external quality audits.
• Maintain databases and record storage for QA systems. Process QA requests.
• Develop, execute, and analyze quality reporting measures including publishing weekly, monthly, and quarterly metrics.
• Develop and lead training for QA systems. Influence and guide other team members on practice of QA activities.
• Gain and maintain professional and technical expertise by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
Education and Experience:
• College degree or Equivalent experience.
• 8+ years working experience in a Quality Engineer/Inspector role.
• 3+ years relevant supervisory experience.
• Experience of working in industrial environments.
• Solar/Wind construction and operations experience a plus.
• Robust functional knowledge of Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
• Advanced functional knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs
• Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Ability to work comfortably in office/field conditions and manage multiple tasks and projects.
• Ability to engage with personnel at different levels of the company as well as contractors in the field to promote and ensure quality and safety practices.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
• Ability to work through potential conflicts in stressful situations.
• Ability to communicate and present to different audiences.
• Ability to physically walk across sites and perform related tasks.
• Valid Driver's License required
• Six-sigma certification preferred.
• Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com, quoting reference- Quality Engineer.
Don't see a role that fits you? Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave your details here: